SEEKING POSITION IN MARKETING AND BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
- Experienced and successful entrepreneur with a track record of bringing start-ups to multi million dollar business
- Expertise in inbound marketing, social media, website operations and lead conversion
- Unique blend of quantitative and communication skills
Business Strategy, Email Marketing, Product Branding, Blogging, Strategic Planning, Project Management, Process Improvements, Business Consultation, Inbound Marketing, SEO, Key Word Strategy, Social Media, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, Pinterest
ONLINE MARKETING CONSULTANT, Boston, MA• 2012 – present
Provide marketing services across strategy, branding, acquisition, retention, loyalty, social, and public relations. Used social media tools and quantitative analytics to gauge success of online campaigns. Diverse client list includes documentary film company, career coaching concern and a hedge fund
- Client communications: Messaging refinement, web site copy, sales materials, newsletters
- Social media management: Content plans, blog development, community building, campaign execution
- Sales enhancement: Competitor tracking and campaign success
- Analytics: Google Analytics, Power Editor, Hootsuite
VINODIVINO, Newton, MA • 2005-2012
Marketing and Business Development Associate
One of the founders of an upscale wine start-up with a primary focus on online distribution. Responsible for all aspects of internet marketing strategy and new business development. Brought company from start-up to multi-million dollar enterprise.
- Developed social media platforms to magnify the effect of company’s inbound marketing efforts. Deployed direct-to-consumer communications, web interface and SEO. Increased customer base to 10,000+
- Designed architecture to enhance usability and customer-orientation of Interprise-based website. Deployed numerous social networking and unique content applications.
- Drafted content for company’s website and client communications
- Created proprietary search engine which increased by 50% the speed for finding relevant reviews
- Brokered partnerships to increase new customer volume and expand revenue. Efforts resulted in doubling of revenue every 2 years.
BOSTON WINE GURU, Newton, MA • 2005-2007
Web development start-up with focus on business-to-consumer applications in food and beverage industry
- Oversaw all product development, management, positioning, and evangelism. Drove marketing, sales, and negotiations.
- Created websites for several businesses with no history of web presence
- Increased on-line visibility of stores and their ability to communicate store’s message
ARBORWAY IMPORTS, Boston, MA• 1999-2004
Boutique wine importer catering to upscale restaurants and hotels. Work directly with CEO to enhance company branding, positioning and online presence
Head of Marketing and Business Development
- Initiated development of inbound marketing techniques for retail store and website. Developed website architecture and content to drive customer acquisition. These efforts increased sales by over 8% per year
- Consistently a top sales achiever; exceeded sales expectations by over 25%
KPMG PEAT MARWICK Boston, MA• 1996-1998
Global services consulting firm to Fortune 500 companies. Advised executives on how to improve operations and strategies while managing costs. Mastered all aspects of consulting profession: formulating strategy, drafting presentations, communication with clients and managing junior associates.
- Evaluated the twenty largest, U.S. regulated gas utilities. Coordinated marketing approach, strategy, competitive analysis and drove sales effort for attracting participants in future studies.
- Created business plan and initial implementation strategy for Oracle Purchasing at a Fortune 500 Company’s Florence, Italy energy subsidiary.
- Executed and maintained Oracle Inventory module for large electronics manufacturer; trained employees at all levels of management.
- Developed detailed, prescriptive business models for the multinational operations of a large, multi-billion dollar LNG producer.
Masters in Engineering, Operations Research, CORNELLUNIVERSITY, GPA 3.5 Ithaca, NY
BA in Comparative Literature,CORNELLUNIVERSITY, Ithaca, NY
LANGUAGE SKILLS: French (fluent), Italian (conversational)
MIT Enterprise Forum
TEDx Beacon Street Team Member
4 time runner of Boston Marathon